Script Accelerator 2018 Shortlist Announced
23 July 2018
The following list are producers or theatre companies with their proposals who will be taken to the next round.
Script Accelerator 2018 Shortlist
- Nobody’s Empire with their proposal of The Ballerina
- Christian Graham with his proposal of Reindeer
- Catherine Bailey and Phil Cox with their proposal of 40 Days in Kartown
- Rebecca Gwyther with her proposal of Scum
- The Thelmas with their proposal of Other - please explain
- Ella Marks with her proposal of Stuffed
- Angel on the Corner and their proposal of The Witterings
- Missing Bolts Productions with their proposal of Anna: A Ghost Story
- W14 Productions and their proposal of Solastalgia
- Joshua Oakes-Rodgers and his proposal of Handwriting
- Theatre in Black and their proposal of Still Here
- Open Heart Surgery Theatre & Joanne Williams with Epsilon Productions with their proposal of Meat
- NIalle Dingle with his proposal of We Never Get Off At Sloane Square
- Claire Gilbert with her proposal of Beside the Remains
- Ellie Zeegan with her proposal of Awaken
- Hyphen Theatre Company with their proposal of Eat Sleep Exam Repeat
- DR Hood with her proposal of Dr Faustess
- Loquitur Theatre with their proposal of Lobster
- Relish Theatre with their proposal of Time and Tide
- Brandon Force and his proposal of The Originals
Each year producers, or theatre companies, are invited to pitch a particular play they would like to develop - and six are selected into the programme.
Each successful applicant, along with their team, will be offered space for Rehearsal and Development in order to develop the script and prepare a twenty-minute extract of the play to be performed on the Park200 stage. The extracts will be performed on a Sunday and a Monday.
Pieces are selected on the merit of the script and, vitally, on future life potential. A number have previously gone on to perform our Park90 stage, including Storm In A Tea Cup, World Enough And Time and Happy To Help.
Script Accelerator is led by Creative Director Melli Marie with the opportunity for feedback from Artistic Director Jez Bond and Executive Director Rachael Williams. The programme will be facilitated by the Script Accelerator Coordinator. Each producer will be appointed a mentee to join their team. The mentee is matched with each producer based on their interests and the skills they are eager to develop.