Help make Christmas magic for our local community 🎁
15 December 2020
On Sat 19 and Sun 20 Dec, we are opening our doors to collect food for those in our community who need it the most this Christmas. Our collection service will be open from 11am until 2pm at the theatre.
We are turning into a food bank and distribution site and will be accepting donations of dry food, essential items and wrapped gifts for children. We will be working to support the Elizabeth House and Andover Estate community centres, as well as local creatives who are experiencing hardship at this time and we are encourage you to bring a long any aforementioned donations.
The food collection has been generously established by Holly Adomah Thompson (Park Sessions: Get Into It) and supported by Amrit Maan (Punjab, Covent Garden), Nina Graverny-Edwards (Park Theatre's Community Engagement Manager) and Michael Peavoy (Park Theatre's Deputy Venue & Volunteer Manager).
We have a socially-distanced system in place in order to accept your donations safely.
As well as dry foods, we are happy to accept small gifts such as:
- Presents for childresn - colouring books, small toys, soft toys
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food
- Face masks and hand sanitiser
For gifts, we kindly ask for each item to be wrapped or in gift boxes to be delivered to people's doors by the 24th of December.
Please contact Holly at [email protected] if you have any questions or want to find out more.