Script Accelerator 2017
Did you attend Script Accelerator 2017? We'd love to have your feedback via filling out this form. Thank you!
Script Accelerator is a yearly programme designed to support emerging practitioners.
“We run Script Accelerator because we are passionate about discovering emerging talent and giving a platform to upcoming artists” – Melli Marie, Creative Director
Each year producers, or theatre companies, are invited to pitch a particular play they would like to develop - and six are selected into the programme.
Each successful applicant, along with their team, will be offered space for Rehearsal and Development in order to develop the script and prepare a twenty-minute extract of the play to be performed on the Park200 stage. The extracts will be performed on a Sunday and a Monday.
Pieces are selected on the merit of the script and, vitally, on future life potential. A number have previously gone on to perform our Park90 stage, including Storm In A Tea Cup, World Enough And Time and Happy To Help.
Script Accelerator is led by Creative Director Melli Marie with the opportunity for feedback from Artistic Director Jez Bond and Executive Director Rachael Williams. The programme will be facilitated by the Script Accelerator Coordinator. Each producer will be appointed a mentee to join their team. The mentee is matched with each producer based on their interests and the skills they are eager to develop.
PRODUCER FINAL SIX WITH TWO RUNNER UPS!
Huge thanks to everyone who submitted a proposal for Script Accelerator. The level of applications was incredibly high, with a fantastic level of competition. Here are the final 6 with 2 runners up who will be awarded a full day workshop!
- Amy Blakelock/ Paradox Theatre Co
- Will Adolphy & Flux Theatre Co
- George Warren/ Metal Rabbit
- Natasha Chandra/ Namashkar
- Oliver Bennett
- Unbound Productions
TWO RUNNER UPS:
- Alex Brown
- Emma Murton/ NorthSee Theatre Co
Mentees have been selected to support the teams with the rehearsal, development and delivery of their work. A big congratulations to the following mentees who have been shortlisted:
- Ciara Pouncett
- Eniko Leanyvari
- Hannah Nixon
- Helena Jackson
- Lucy Grace McCann
- Maria Gurevich
- Oliver Seymour
- Rachel Tookey
Thanks to all who submitted for the roles, the calibre of applications was extremely high!
Rehearsal and Development
23rd October – 26th November 2017
Each successful applicant, along with their team, will be offered space for Rehearsal and Development in order to develop the script and prepare a twenty minute extract of the play to be performed on the Park200 stage. The extracts will be performed on a Sunday and a Monday.
During this period we will offer:
- Scheduled space within Park Theatre.
- Feedback from our Creative Director.
- Scheduled chances to be part of the wider Script Accelerator Cohort, sharing work and ideas.
- A dedicated mentee.
- Professional advice sessions from Park Theatre’s Artistic and Executive Directors.
- An opportunity for further discussion with Park Theatre staff to support you in budgeting for a production in Park90.
19th -20th & 26th -27th November
Following the R & D the six teams will present a 20-minute extract of the play in-front of an audience on the Park200 stage.
During this period we will offer:
- The Park200 stage on two performance days (for each team)
- Marketing Support (via the website, our mailing list and social media)
- Industry Invitations and RSVPs
- A promotional video about the programme and all the producers involved
- Hosted feedback sessions with the audience after each performance
- Feedback from Park Theatre’s Artistic Director
- Comp tickets for all teams in order to view each other’s showcase piece.
The ‘performance’, which can either be a script in hand presentation or fully off-the-book, is to be with minimal props, basic sound and lighting only and no set. In order to achieve this each producer will be granted a technical rehearsal and dress rehearsal slot prior.
After the programme we will arrange a debrief with the Creative Director.
You must be available Monday – Friday 10am – 5.30pm for the four week rehearsal period. The Programme Schedule will be distributed when finalists are selected. The finalised schedule will vary week to week. Companies may wish to complement our schedule with some space of their own finding to add more rehearsals. We can recommend some reasonably priced and local studios or participants may wish to find their own accommodation.
Click here to view the script accelerator archive from previous years.