Virtual Young Company 15-18s
12 May 2020 - 14 July 2020
Join our weekly Zoom hosted Young Company classes online!
What Is It?
Develop your performance skills virtually over 10 weeks, hosted on Zoom.
The start of your journey as a performer, writer or director need not be delayed during lockdown – join our Zoom hosted Young Company classes and share your story, your voice and ideas as you develop your performance skills virtually.
Learn drama games, professional actor techniques and devise your own work with classes lead by professional director and creative learning facilitator Natasha Kathi Chandra.
How to Book & Participate
- Click the 'book now' button and complete your purchase online (please note our phone lines are closed due to the pandemic, please direct any enquiries to Nina at: [email protected])
- Download Zoom on your device well in advance of your session and complete your account set up: https://zoom.us/home
- The day before your class, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the session - including a password to safeguard participants. For evening classes you will receive log in info by 12 noon on the day of the event, for daytime classes you will receive the info by 5pm the previous day.
- If you have any problems, Zoom have a range of tools and 'how to' guides for getting started, how to set up your video and audio here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
Just before the class start time, the facilitator will start the meeting on Zoom and you can log in to the session via the link and password provided. Please aim to log in 5 mins before the start time of the class.
Parents will need to log on for their children and use their full name. No-one else should be in the shot, taking pictures or recording. Children should wear comfortable clothing and be prepared to stay for the duration of the class.
- On classes with young people, the facilitator will 'lock the room' to ensure online safety once everyone has logged on. There will also be a 'waiting room' in operation where participants will wait to be admitted.
- During your session, it can be helpful to mute yourself whilst the facilitator is talking to avoid background noise.
- Download this list of helpful resources for young people.
If the class you wish to attend is appearing as sold out, please email Community Engagement Manager Nina Graveney-Edwards [email protected] to add yourself to the waiting list for future classes.