Develop Yourself: Virtual Park Acting Course
13 May 2020 - 15 July 2020
Join our weekly Zoom hosted acting class online.
What Is It?
Join our weekly Zoom hosted acting class online, looking at a different acting technique each week over 10 weeks.
Using the platform of Zoom video conferencing, try out your skills with an emphasis on listening and reacting. Apply professional acting techniques to an exciting and diverse range of scenes including classics such as Albee’s ‘Whos’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf’, recent West End hit ‘The Inheritance’, & Shelagh Stephenson’s ‘Memory of Water’. Without physically being present, concentrate further on the words and delivery with the help of professional actor and creative learning facilitator Amy Allen.
How to Book & Participate
- Click the 'book now' button and complete your purchase online (please note our phone lines are closed due to the pandemic, please direct any enquiries to Nina at: [email protected])
- Download Zoom on your device well in advance of your session and complete your account set up: https://zoom.us/home
- The day before your class, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the session - including a password to safeguard participants. For evening classes you will receive log in info by 12 noon on the day of the event, for daytime classes you will receive the info by 5pm the previous day.
- If you have any problems, Zoom have a range of tools and 'how to' guides for getting started, how to set up your video and audio here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- Just before the class start time, the facilitator will start the meeting on Zoom and you can log in to the session via the link and password provided
- The facilitator will 'lock the room' to ensure online safety once everyone has logged on. There will also be a 'waiting room' in operation where participants will wait to be admitted.
- During your session, it can be helpful to mute yourself whilst the facilitator is talking to avoid background noise.
If the class you wish to attend is appearing as sold out, please email Community Engagement Manager Nina Graveney-Edwards [email protected] to add yourself to the waiting list for future classes.